Friday, May 16, 2014

Time For a Change...and some crying!!!

So, I've been feeling like cutting my hair for a while now and decided to stop thinking and just do it! I  finally got up the guts and made an appointment. I would keep explaining in words but I think some of these pictures speak for themselves!
Step 1: She didn't even hesitate when she cute straight through my hair...good but also freaked me out. WOW that's a lot of hair!!!

I'm pretty sure all I said was "Wow, that really different!" when I left and made it to the car before I started balling my brains out!!! NOT at all what I had pictured and it looked NOTHING like the pictures I showed her of what I wanted. Poor Taylor didn't know what to do. So I cried A LOT that night and the next morning while trying to get ready for work. It was bad. I was shocked at how short my bangs were and the funky way she layered my hair.

Well, after adding my own cuts here and there to my hair this morning I finally felt a little better about how I looked. At school everyone was so nice! I got so many compliments. Kids I taught choreography to during the Christmas musical came up to me out of nowhere to give me a hug and tell me how much they like my new haircut. I've decided its not too bad, I actually do like it short even if I don't really love the way she cut it. I'll find someone better next time!!!




Oh and this might be part of the reason why I was so unhappy this morning. Adding 2 more inches to my hair would have made a big difference! I don't know how she mis measured but 10 inches is all that I asked for and is needed for Locks of Love. I probably shouldn't have measured it because it just made me cry more!


 HERE IS MY STUDENTS PERSPECTIVE:
(I didn't tell them I was getting it cut)





ACUAL EVENTS:
"Why is your hair darker now that its shorter? It's like Rapunzel when she gets her hair cut off in the movie. Can we call you Rapunzel now?"




I felt a little more sassy after today...thank goodness!!! Time to rock the short hair!!!

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap it is so cute!!! Not gonna lie the first picture it looks really weird...maybe its the styling. But the ones after you styled it are adorable!! You definitely rock the short hair! LOVE IT. :) Oh p.s. I also love your hunger games necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You are rockin it, especially in that last pic ya little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! It was an emotional few days and its nice to hear good things about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you lost 10 pounds! Oh wait maybe you did with all that hair cut off :) I really like the last pic........rocking that sexy MEAGAN pose!

    ReplyDelete