Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Zoop Trip



Today was the best day I've had in a long time.  I guess you don't realize how distracted you are until have a day like today.  It was beautiful, simple, and just what I needed to open my eyes to what I was missing.

This morning Connor and I made muffins (they were supposed to be pancakes.). He kept sticking his fingers in the batter, licking them and saying, "mmmm, wishus!" I kept telling him to stop and moving it out of reach, but he always managed to get more. Then when we put the toppings on he would pull them out and eat them. What a stinker! I'm surprised he doesn't have a tummy ache! 

Then we watched his favorite movie, Frozen. He danced and sang and even found some time to smooch Elsa on the movie case. He is so smitten by her. I love it.

We also went to the zoo. We had a great time. Aunt Niki came with us. We saw all kinds of animals and played a little in the water. There was a slide near the splash pad. It was pretty tall, and it tunneled through a light house. Connor really wanted to ride down it. When we got to the top, it made him nervous to go down. So I thought, oh I'll go with him. But then I got nervous. Haha Then a little girl, not more than 4, looked up at me and said " him can go down with me." What a sweetheart! I beamed inside at the kindness of this sweet girl. I love when kids are kind to each other, especially my boy. It warmed my heart.
 

We ate some snow cones and rode the carousel. And when we got home, we took a bike ride and went to the park. It was the best. It could have only been better if Daddy were able to be there. 




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day!! Is anyone else having a hard time getting the pics?? I'm so sad. I can't see Ny of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see them either :/. Maybe you'll have to try and repost them. But it sounds like a great day. Your boy is so cute...which is why I want to see his face! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't see the pics either. :( But I am soooo glad you had such an amazing day! After how busy you've been you more than deserved it. :)

    ReplyDelete